Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vegetarians -- Killers of Plants.

Every once and a while you have to have fun and this is a fun post.

It has come to my attention that there are certain people in this world that only eat plants.

I wonder what the plants think and feel about this. There they are just enjoying the sun growing, living, breathing and enjoying there existence with their fellow friends the other plants and WHAM. Suddenly their one someones plate and being eaten. Destroyed in the prime of life so some human can exist.

OK, if you think that is ridiculous so is the same argument about animals.

The vegetarian lifestyle I have always wondered about. It strikes me as weird.

If you want to be a vegetarian -- I am OK with that but :
1. Don't go moral on me. There is nothing Biblically or morally superior about being vegetarian. If life is life, than don't plants count with animals?
2. Don't start saying it is superior as a diet.

In the first place, while in the beginning mankind was vegetarian or at least we assume so only because their is no record of animals being killed by man (God does clothe Adam and Eve with animal skins -- wonder how that happened?), but that dos not mean it didn't happen. In the end God opened up animals to be both eaten and enjoyed for sure after the flood -- He also used animal sacrifice (and plant sacrifice through the grain offering) as part of worship. No moral high ground.

Second -- do you ever notice how thin vegans are? The fact is without our food transport system, true vegetarianism is not possible. Overall nutrition requires using all nutrition sources in an area to get it done. Without those oil using ships, transports and trucks -- full nutrition with only vegetables is not possible. Particularly protein.

In short -- keep hunting and keep the cattle, pigs and chickens coming because I can't keep the grill fired up without you.

Meat and plant eating blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Well I consider myself a carnivore cause I haven't eaten a veggie in like a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol one time I was a christian concert and i got a "bible says don't eat meat flier" from a skinny white guy, I laugh hard!!! my mom is a vegetarian but not by choice so I see her side of it but not a lot of the others! thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serve me up a nice juicy steak anytime, I think God would approve.

    ReplyDelete