Saturday, June 6, 2009

An Extistential Moment

Allow me an existential moment. Today was the open house for my second child and with that both my sons are graduated from high school. With that all I have left is my daughter and it is a strange feeling to have both of them men and on their way to starting their own lives. I have looked forward to it and long to see what they become, but I will miss them.

1. I will miss watching my boys play football on Friday nights. Ed will continue play on Saturdays but it isn't quite the same as when its all on the the line for Reed City High.

2. With Justin's exodus to college I will be the only male left in the household, I am not looking forward to only me and the dog being in a house full of women.

3. I get along with my boys so well and I will miss the constant chance for good conversations about the things that interest us.

I don't know, I just am not very good at dealing with both sadness and happiness at the same time. I guess I am also looking for what is next after children.

Blessing to my sons -- may they find their dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I can't really comment as a father cause that I'm not. But as a son, my dad is my earthly hero!!! he give's wisdom, in my hardest times. He does not know that he is my hero, but with out him I would be not the man I am today! so I know your son's must think so much of you. being the man of god you are!
    god bless
    steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad I love you and I know you will always be there for me. And I am sure you know I will always be there for you.

    ReplyDelete