Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Would the Real Republican Leadership Stand Up

In the past years I have watched the Republican Party attempt an experiment to move to the left and become more centrist -- the result -- Obama in the White House and a Democrat Congress. To make matters worse I have also seen no leadership step forward to present the conservative agenda in a hostile media world. Everyone seems afraid to stand forward and stand for what we believe in.

This is supposed to be the party of Ronald Reagan, I don't remember Ronald being squeamish about what he believed or what he stood for. Oh yeah, and those two totally dominating landslide elections were great too. I think the republican takeover of Congress had a lot to due with Reagan's ideology being reasserted after Clinton's election. Think those things are coincidence? I don't think so. The real issue is if the Republicans will see it and go back right.

The one thing I am really asking is --where is the leadership to do this? Name me a name. Sarah Palin? Maybe? The one thing for sure is Collin Powell isn't it. We need someone soon because we are not gain ground as far as approval. As much as it tickles me to no end that Obama and Congress' approval numbers are dropping, the Republican numbers are not rising either. Leadership would change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment