Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn -- Best of Seasons!

Autumn. For me this is the best time of the year. There is some much going on in the Autumn for me.

1. I have been weightlifting and dieting and after 6 weeks I am down 21 pounds and I have lost 4 inches on my waist. Want to keep it up so when Summer arrives I will be ready to get shredded.

2. November is National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO) and I have participated but not won the last three years. Maybe Fourth time is the charm for me. If I ever finish once, I think I will be more inclined to write more on a regular basis if I can get the first one under my belt. Working nights now I may have a better chance because I can dedicate any extra time on my days off to writing on the novel for the contest.

3. It is football season: Fantasy Football, Watching football at all levels -- High School, College (particularly Alma College where my son plays) and hey miracles do happen -- The Lions Won.

4. Halloween -- great holiday if only the creepers, psychos and hyperactive Christians didn't ruin it. Really, is this really about All Hollows Eve for the majority of Americans? Mostly just an excuse to dress up in a costume and get some candy for most.

5. Thanksgiving -- A holiday I can get into as it has my four favorite elements: Faith, Family, Food and Football. It is also hard to commercialize as the only thing you can sell is Turkey and the fixings.

6. Getting cosy with my wife as it gets colder.

I love Autumn. To bad it is followed by that snow thing and in West Michigan I think we are going to get a bunch this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment