Monday, September 14, 2009

Rant of the Week: Obama's Plan For Me

I was glancing at the magazine rack at work early this morning and saw the cover of Men's Health. "Obama's Plan for You". The issue of course is his health plan but the title is what got me. It was subtitled: For you Health, For your Finances and at that point I turned away.

Why in the world does this man think he has the right to plan my life in any way? Who does he think he is? This is the arrogance of liberals that somehow they think they have the right to plan your and my life. The purpose of government is not to plan my life and control it in this country. The purpose of government is to uphold and defend my right to plan and control my own life for myself. Who are these people that they think they have a better plan for me than me.

This is why the current health care plan must be stopped because it is a step in the direction of government directed health care and when that happens government begins to plan your life. That means that anything that could be deemed health related would fall under government jurisdiction. What you eat, what you drink, your activities suddenly fall under the governments regulatory power.

How huge will government be? It is already too big and it is the reason the country is struggling right now. Let the people be in charge of themselves and their health. This means private sector.

I only have one question: how people support this? I will tell you -- it is the same I want something for nothing attitude and someone else should take care of me. Such people who support such an idea are in support of the death of liberties in favor of their own selfish wants. Get a life liberals, you can't control your own life, leave mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment