Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Patience !!!

Today is my daughter's 16th birthday and I want to wish her the best for all her life.

My daughter's birth was remarkable different from both of my sons. My sons were the only ones in the nursery in Ellendale, ND, but my daughter was born in the University of Kentucky Hospital. She was one of 19 girls -- glad to have those armbands. Of my three children she was the tiniest. We originally thought she was a month to six weeks early but after she was born measurements showed she was only three weeks early. With my boys there was the doctor and a couple nurses, with Patience there was the doctor and nurses and 16 interns watching on. Quite a crowd to witness my daughter's entry into the world. After two C sections my wife also got her regular birth and a girl.

My daughter's name comes from my love of girls with virtue names but I was looking for a virtue name less used: Faith, Charity and Hope are used a lot but Patience is a little rarer. Mae is her middle name which is that same middle name as my mother's.

Happy Birthday Patience with many more to come and a great year. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Patience! What a great name. :) My daughter will be 16 in a few months too. May God have mercy on us.

    ReplyDelete