Friday, September 11, 2009

Memories of 9/11

I am interrupting my series on Revelation for this one because it's 9/11. Nuff Said.

I remember the day very well, like it was yesterday. I had switched my days off to Tuesday from Thursday and after putting the kids on the bus (We were in Greenville at the time -- ages 11,10,7) I was sitting down to relax and have a good day off. I am not normally a news junkie but that day I decided to turn on FOX News. In a few minutes, We were switched to New York because one of the towers was on fire. In a few moments, I watched as the second plane struck the second tower. The rest of my day off I spent in front of the TV. I knew it was terrorism long before anyone confirmed it. That's why I found it laughable when Michael Moore did his move and accused Bush of reacting too slowly. Nobody knew what was going on for a good hour -- even the media.

The real moment came of course was when the towers began to collapse. Then the second one went down. Nothing will be the same.

Lessons:
1) Eliminate threats before they get big -- we have seemed to forgot this one as we have returned to the 'let's talk'. Keep it up and we may see another monument go down.
2) Even though it was a single terrorist organization that did it, many had the capacity -- we seem have not learned this one either. We keep going after one organization and one guy without realizing there are other that could and would do the same thing. My great fear is that once we deal with bin La din and his organization we will back off.
3) Terrorist are at War with Us. We need to be at war with them. Of course we have forgotten this one with the high minded liberal Obama in the White House. it was one of the first things he ended. It would have been like Roosevelt declaring peace with the Nazis in 1943. Dumb.

What a difference eight years makes.

Never Forget 9/11

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget that day either, like so many others. And I'll never be the same. Although I didn't fully realize it at the time, the events that took place that day changed me in some very profound ways.

    ReplyDelete