Sunday, November 8, 2009

What Makes Ministry Worth It.

I suppose I have asked this question many times and I guess when you do a lot of ministry you to try to find your motivation. I have eliminated many things:

1. Money -- contrary to popular opinion about preachers most of us struggle or work a second job. Many retire in poverty. Even if you get a good salary, money fades with time anyway.

2. Prestige -- fame, prestige and all that rot are not going to happen for most of us. Even so --they to disappear with time.

This is true with every thing that is in this world -- two things work against us -- death and time. Both rob us of everything. Any motivation that involves this world benefits will not be enough.

What's left.
1. The glory of God
2. Eternal life.

Yeah, I can see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment