Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scripture -- All or Nothing

For me Scripture is inspired -- it is the Word of God -- all of it. In fact I think there are really only two options -- it is either all or nothing.

1) if you go around saying that this part is and this part isn't the Word of God that shows intellectual dishonesty -- On what basis or criteria do you do this?

2) I can deal with someone like a Bart Ehrman who simply says none of it is the Word of God at least your understanding the concept of one doubt ultimately calls all into question.

3) I simply have no belief in ideas of corruption or influence by bad company -- I know how our Bible came to be and how it has been transmitted over time and simply put the New testament is probably the second best preserved and copied book of all antiquity and you can be assured that the words you read are based on an original text. The only one that has greater preservation is the Old Testament.

If you are going to argue a point -- keep that in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dad may seem off topic, but I have some things to tell you. 1 I now have a new blog so you should be able to find it at my profile. 2 I found a blog I know that you will love it is the blog of the girl on campus that is a die-hard conservative it is a blog that focuses on her two favorite things politics and fashion... here is the link http://republicouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete