Friday, November 6, 2009

The Book of Revelation -- Part 11 -- The Great Multitude

Revelation 7:9-17. Now if you are looking at the future of things I suppose you could see it as a future scene in heaven around the throne -- but why can't it be a current scene?

If I was writing to seven churches --- some good, some bad, some ugly I think this picture of the saints around the throne in worship would inspire them all regardless of what time this is. Now I know some make a big deal of the phrase -- "these are they that have come out of great tribulation", but I want to note that, it does not say THE great tribulation -- it says great tribulation which can and has happened at many times and places in the history of the world, not just here in the book of Revelation.

Otherwise the passage speaks for itself. it is who is worshiping around the throne and we could be one of them someday.

Next: The Seventh Seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment