Sunday, November 22, 2009

Desire for Personal Revival

Every week I meet with a prayer/fellowship group and we make sure that we do three things:
1. We pray together taking turns and agreeing with one another
2. Have a devotional with discussion
3. But we start every week by answering a question: "On a scale of 0 to 10 how was your walk with God this week? Include any testimonies or prayer requests that you feel are appropriate." Each person then gets about 5 minutes to answer the question.

I want to tell you this works, get a group of people together and try it sometime.

For many week I have been 8.5 or so and that is good but when I am in revival of Spirit it is 10 all the time. Eights are good but I want more. I am not dead, but is it still revival to want more closeness with God? I think so.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Man that is great. How I long for that kind of fellowship now. I once had that back in college and somewhat after that in my first true youth pastorate but over the past five years I have had no one to get serious about God with and truly seek Him for revival. Keep praying and seeking God with those people. You'll never regret nor forget it!

    ReplyDelete