Monday, November 9, 2009

Physical Fitness and Ministry

I am breaking away form the series for a post because I feel absolutely wonderful today. I had a great workout and I have bee3n reflecting on the importance of physical fitness in relationship to ministry. I can think of three things that make it important.

1. What ministers die off -- usually cardiovascular disease due to poor health. Break the trend.

2. Improved energy -- I tell you i feel i get more done with more time to relax when I am physically fit than not. I feel like doing more and often do.

3. Barrier against depression -- there is nothing more important than avoiding depression in the ministry and exercise is one of the ways to do this. It offers a great escape from the ordinary hum drum -- it gives you a place to pray too.

There is also this to consider -- if you are healthy you live longer -- more opportunities to minister in the long term.

Pray. Lift. Live Better. Temple Builders for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment