Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whose Health is It Anyway?

In the ongoing debate on health care one thing seems very much lost in the shuffle -- Who's health is it anyway? The reason I ask this is because once we establish who owns the health of an individual does that not define who is responsible for that health?

1. My health belongs to me. It is my responsibility to both maintain and provide for.
2. I must take this responsibility, it is not some other person's or organization's responsibility.
3. No one has the right to take charge of my health from me.

Given these things I find two things reprehensible in the debate:
1. How many people think that someone else should be responsible for their health care. This continued passing the buck has been around since Genesis 3 but the fact is its you health quit looking to someone else to take care of it.
2. The government's continued think that they have the right to take control of my health care as if it belongs to them. Once my health is taken into their care what else are they going to take control of? Under Obama and a liberal Congress is their no end to the power they want to take away from the people and give to themselves?
3. The belief that good health care is a right. It is not a right, but a privilege of and advanced society and a person's ability to provide it for themselves through whatever means they can find.

My health is my own and if in the end I don't have the ability to pay for it that is my fault. What we have in this is a bunch of people who think they are going to live forever, so they do not provide for themselves the means to have heath care. Then when they get sick someone other than themselves must pay for it. One incompetence leads to another.

I like private insurance because it means I get to shop around and I get to provide for myself. The government always makes things difficult and they never do anything that has any true quality to it other than the military. If we give health care to them the quality will diminish and you can bet it will get very expensive for the already overburdened taxpayers. You know if we continue to tax the rich they will live somewhere else and that will ultimately be bad as they are the ones who dive the prosperity of the economy not the government.

The real solution 1) Kill Medicare altogether and 2) put limits on tort so the cost of health care can stay low.

IMHO

No comments:

Post a Comment