Sunday, August 9, 2009

Preaching and Reliance on the Holy Spirit

Every once and a while circumstances beyond some of your control teach you a lesson. Today taught me a new chapter on reliance on the Holy Spirit. As I stepped to the pulpit today. I had been awake for over 16 hours between work and the day before. Because I actually worked as opposed to having the night off and my job is very physical, I was very fatigued. Check that, I was tired and almost exhausted.

I let up a simple prayer -- 'God I am relying on you today.' God came through and as I preached I felt His Spirit and power. The message was right on and affected me (the most important part). I went home and went to bed and here I am writing.

Just another lesson that God's strength is there when maybe you have none.

No comments:

Post a Comment