Sunday, August 30, 2009

Regular Topics on this Blog and Connections to Ministry

One thing I have found interesting as I have been writing on this blog is how the posts on it have often been the topic of discussion in my ministry. Now I don't know if it is simply that I am thinking about them so they come out of my mouth, but it does not seem that way. Lately, many of the things I talk about on blog space simply come up in conversations and it is the other people who start it. Sometimes you just have to chalk things up to the Holy Spirit, huh?

One decision I have made it to have regular topics or areas of coverage with a few open days to vent my spleen now and then:
1. Sunday -- I am not going to talk about my sermons, but I am going to talk about ministry and some of the things I learn over time as I pastor.
2. Mondays and Tuesdays I am going to leave open.
3. Wednesday -- I am going to pick a political or social issue that is a current event and comment.
4. Thursday -- I will continue my look at the Constitution of the United States in relationship to Christianity and the Bible. This probably will extend into the Bill of Rights and Federalist Papers so it will keep me going fora while.
5. Friday -- I ma going to use Friday to consider a book of the Bible and go through it section by section -- right now I am looking at Revelation, but once I am done I want to change books. 66 books and 1189 chapters ought to keep me busy for a while.
6. Saturday -- by 'accident' this has become 'Christians and Sexuality Day' and you know what I think I will keep it that way. The fact is I get a lot of response from young people about this subject and i think someone with thought out answers should talk to them about sex from a Christian perspective. There are a lot of other sources out there that aren't. Just trying to tip the scales a bit.

I may expand on this and have the other two days be regular topics and then just rant as an extra post when I think a rant is in order. Blessings to those in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment