Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why I Am A God Lover

And God fearer I might add. I think this is actually the most important one. Theological and Political tags aside, the issue for me ultimately is relationship with God and my love for him.

1. I refuse to simply have a form of Christianity that is nothing more than religion. I believe salvation ultimately hinges on this not on some subscribing to a creed.

2. Love, Fear and Obedience are the trifecta of faith for me. I believe in God, but so do the demons of hell so their must be more than simple belief that leads to salvation. I love God so I trust him. I fear him, so I live with an understanding that He will bring every act of mine to judgment. I obey him -- because I love him as Father, Lord and Friend.

3. Faith is more than belief and it is this love for God that leads to all good things that come down from the Father of lights.

More than religion -- relationship. More than being conservative, evangelical, pentecostal creationist or open theist. this relationship with God means more than all of them. It means eternal life.

Finis. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment