Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dealing with the Past.

A fellow blogger emailed me about his Blog http://www.godneverwastesahurt.blogspot.com/. It got me thinking about my own hurts from the past. I do have a few.

1. My father's death
2. My oldest son's hospitalization when he was four. One of his kidney's needed major surgery -- you have child that young in hospitals all the time and see how you feel.
3. My first church -- A cesspool of unforgiveness, gossip and backbiting.
4. My second church -- A hurt church that found no other answer but to ignore their hurt and take their vengeance out on me for their last pastor's behavior. In the process I was hurt by my denominational leadership that pretty much hung me out to dry.

The point can be made however that each on of these bad situations did two things
1. They caused me to draw closer to God through a challenge of my faith. In fact on the last occasion I came very close to chucking the whole thing and going elsewhere completely. But in the end the Lord brought me around.
2. All of them caused me to rethink the direction of my life and ministry.

In the end Roy Stewart and this blog is right. God never does waste a hurt, he uses them to make us more there servants we need to be. Always remember that and NEVER GIVE UP ON GOD.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment