Friday, May 8, 2009

Notre Dame and Barak Obama

I am not a Catholic and every time Michigan and Notre Dame play football I have only one desire -- to watch the Fighting Irish lose. But I have to speak on this one because the one area where Catholics and I agree in many respects is moral issues.

On March 20, 2009 the University of Notre Dame invited Barak Obama to give the commencement address. The Outcry has been large and at first it looked like the whole thing was grinding to a halt, but the address is still on as of recent news reports on 5/7/2009.

I don't know what the University staff was thinking but this is not a good idea.

Obama has made it very clear that he does not take moral stands anywhere close to Catholics -- Pro-Choice, Not family oriented, etc. Why in God's name (I mean that in all sincerity) would you invite him to speak the commencement address. A few points if I may.

1) The whole thing is bound to cause controversy and that will make the graduates day of honor less wholesome.

2) The President is opposed to everything Catholics believe

3) This is going to be bad for the University

4) Giving this man an honorary degree is also insulting -- for what? Opposing everything Notre Dame stands for?

Probably the sadist thing is this was a no brainer as soon as proposed -- NO! It's not hard -- just don't even go there.

The University should fire the president if they don't stop it. It should be cancelled no matter what the media would say -- I would be proud of them. It would make a statement that not everybody supports Obama Mania.

Notre Dame -- do the right thing -- tell Obama to stay home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow they are going to let this go on. I wonder what God thinks of Obama speaking at Notre Dame. My guess is he is not very happy about it.

    ReplyDelete