Sunday, February 21, 2010

Replies to Aristiono -- Part 5 -- Why I Believe Jesus is God?



Well, this is a tough question to answer, but at the same time easy. The simple way to put it is this -- how many people tell you what is going to happen to them and then tell you they are going to die and then three days and nights later they tell you they are going to rise from the dead? Not many. How many tell you these things and then do it? Only one person has ever done it. Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Now, unlike Mohammad whose revelation that lead to the Q'uran, the revelation of Jesus was public and witnessed. With Mohammad we are still left to trust that he just did not make it all up in the cave. Jesus on the other hand has multiple witnesses of his life, death and resurrection. These events are as historical as any other and have more historical evidence than any other event of ancient history. We have more eyewitness testimony from ancient literature that Jesus rose from the dead than Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon.



The historical fact of the resurrection means that all the other things Jesus said about himself not only true but empowered as truth. I mean are you really going to say that someone who rises from the dead does not know what he is talking about?
1. Jesus forgives sins -- Only God can do so
2. Jesus claims God as his Father making himself equal to God
3. John 1:1 claims the Word was God -- The Word is Jesus Christ.
4. The disciples and many others worship Jesus -- He does not prevent them from doing so.

I could list many more but these are enough.

More than this, is the present power of Christ as God at work in my life! How could I deny someone who removed my sins and transformed my life? It would be easier for me to deny the world is round or water is wet.

In my earlier days I studied many religions asking the question -- why do I consider my faith better than this? Simply put 1) I have a savior who is historically raised from the dead and 2) This Savior lives inside me to make me the man God wants me to be.

Islam failed for me because it does not change me. It could change my actions and thoughts, but it could not change my spirit. It is externals without meaning. It is salvation only from habit not sinfulness. In short, it cannot transform me like Christ has because it is not the truth.

Aristiono I want to thank you for the opportunity to answer these questions I hope it was informative for you as it was fun for me.

Finis -- with possibility of more is more questions come up.

1 comment: