Friday, January 8, 2010

Marriage and the Bible -- Part 1 -- The Questions

New Series. I know I still have Series on Revelation out there but I am not ready to continue it so I am looking at something new.

Marriage. Now i am not going to give 7 steps to a healthier marriage. I am also not here to reinforce what everyone says marriage is my question is -- What does the Bible Say Marriage is? When does God according to his word recognize that a couple is married? These two questions have a whole batch of questions tagged with them.

1. Is there a difference between marriage and being husband and wife? Some say there is, are they right?
2. Does a license, vows and sexual intercourse constitute marriage or does the Bible give an actual moment of marriage that is definable?
3. Are other types of marriage bonds acceptable? Polygamy? Homosexual? Group?
4. Can someone become unmarried to God's view? Divorce?
Now other questions may come up but these are good for starters. My method will be much the same as always: Observe what the Bible says, try to interpret what it means, apply it to real life and the draw it all together with what I already know.
Next: Were Adam and Eve Married?

No comments:

Post a Comment